Monday, October 28, 2013

ANXIETY

Yesterday was bad. 
I cried for most of the day.
We made it to church, but I had to leave early.
Social anxiety hit me hard yesterday.
I didn't want to talk to anyone. 
All I wanted to do was sit in my bed and cry.
My parents are going out of town for two weeks.
I always cry when they leave.
I start to worry they are going to die. 
Then I think about all the things that would happen if they died,
 and what would happen to me...
 and my brother...
 and my family.
It overwhelms me. 
J kept saying to take it one step at a time.
He's right.
I was so angry with him at the time because to me he didn't understand.
He doesn't know what it is like to be in my brain.
I can hardly explain it myself.
He is so patient with me and loving and kind and I repay him with anger.
When I am in the moment that is all I can think about.
I feel so bad.
We went to a friend's house, one I've been to a bunch of times.
I couldn't get out of the car. 
I didn't want to see anyone or talk to anyone.
It was nothing personal... my brain just couldn't handle it.
I tried to get out of the car 3 times and couldn't.
We sat there for 20 minutes.
All the while, J being as patient and loving as can be, 
ready to turn around and go home to do what is best for me.
In the end I put on my brave face and went in.
I ended up having a good time.
I felt better.

I love J.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you're having a hard time! hope things get better! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete