Friday, May 20, 2011

Angels

I was out running errands with a friend. She was driving. She accidentally locked the keys in the car. Not in the ignition. We were stuck. I called another friend to see if she could come pick us up but that was a no go. She was with her grandma. SO..... next option was to call AAA. Did I mention that it was pouring rain outside. We would have had to wait it out in the cold and rain. Not my idea of fun. As I was checking the car one last time to make sure the doors were all really locked this older gentleman stopped and asked if I was locked out. I replied yes and he said how far away do you live. I told him and he quickly answered with an "I'll drive ya!" This man drove us home and we got in my car and drove to rescue the other with the spare key. What an angel he was. He didn't know us at all and he probably didn't wake up hoping to drive two ladies to their home from their errands.... but he did and it is greatly appreciated. I will most likely never see him again but he forever changed my outlook on small acts of service. It probably seemed small to him,  but it was HUGE to us. Thank you to the man who drove us home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment