Saturday, June 30, 2012

Day Three

My First Love

I'm going to go two ways with this one. The boy that I first liked when I was a wee child and then the first boy I ever fell in love with. 
So..... The first boy I ever liked who I commonly refer to as my first love is named Nate. He was my brother's best friend all growing up. I was best friends with his younger brother, we were in the same ward, went to the same school, and all that good stuff so I saw a lot of him. I swear I was like 3 when I started liking him and I liked him all my life I swear. Up until Junior High he was my main man. The one I liked. Eventually he went to high school and my eyes were opened up to a whole new group of boys and so my love for Nate dwindled. Thankfully.
He is married now. So being in love with him would be awkward. He is a super great guy and I don't feel like that for him at all anymore. Just an old friend. But my years spent loving Nate were some great ones!

The next boy is Ben.
It was my first year of college and I met him because he was in my ward and in my activities group. So we saw a lot of each other. We watched movies and went out and did random stuff. We had tons of fun together. One night we were sitting in my car talking and he looked at me and told me that he had fallen in love with me. I was shocked and dismayed thinking that someone was in love with ME  how on earth did I manage that?? But at the same time I realized that I loved him too. I would do anything for this boy and I wasn't sure what I'd do if I ever lost him.
Well.... our relationship ended a few weeks after that due to circumstances I couldn't control. A lot of things happened with him before we met and he had to get some things figured out and as much as I wanted to be by his side to help him and pull him through he had to figure it out on his own. 
I still see him around from time to time and I still really care about him. 
He was the first boy I fell in love with and i think I'll always care about him.

I haven't fallen in love since then. I haven't had a relationship long enough to have it happen. I did have some people that I really liked but I wouldn't say it was love. One day.

No comments:

Post a Comment