Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Beautiful Day





Here are all of the great things that happened to me today:
  • I wore a headband (which I made myself!) and got complimented on it!
  • I had the privilege of sitting next to a man named Kirk with special needs in class today and the teacher started talking about a cafeteria and Kirk leans over to me and says, "MMMMMM!!!!" and got so excited, and smiled so big! How can you not be happy when you are surrounded by that all day?!
  • As I was walking through the halls in school a professor saw me and said, "Hello!" His enthusiasm was contagious so in return I smiled and said, "Hello!" He in turn said, "That was a great smile!" - my day was made!
  • Then as I am sitting here in the computer lab, supposed to be working on homework the girl next to me leans over and says, "This is really random, but I really like your hair. It is beautiful." How nice is she!? All I can say is that I am so touched. 
People don't know how their random and seemingly insignificant comments can really effect people. I am grateful that they weren't shy and that they said what was on their mind. In the words of Camilla Kimball:
"Never suppress a generous thought."

No comments:

Post a Comment