Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Realizations:

Last night I went down to Provo. I went to turn in job applications and see some 
of my friends that are down there. 
At first I wasn't too excited. Utah County just gets on my nerves. 
I turned in my applications and went to dinner with some friends.
After that I went friend hopping and saw some people that I hadn't
seen in a while.
It was so nice to see them.
My attitude changed and I was getting happier.
We talked and ate and talked and danced and laughed and everything else friends do together.
I had a blast. 
We went to applebee's for 1/2 appetizers and karaoke night. I met new people and ate 
delicious food. Nothing better right?
At applebee's my roommate was asking me how I was feeling about moving
down to Provo again and I said that I was excited to move but not at the same time.
Just really wishy washy about the whole situation. 
I told her I was going to miss my friends up here.
Which I will. 
Don't get me wrong.
BUT....
On my way home last night, I was driving by myself just listening to music
and it suddenly hit me that I am so so so excited to go back to school. 
Salt Lake is where my family is. Where my family life is. 
Provo is where MY life is. MY friends, MY school, MY home.
It is MY life. It is where I became me as an individual apart from everyone else I knew.
I do love Salt Lake.
But the person I am when I am here is different from the person I am at school.
(But really it isn't like I am two completely different people. I am the same me just one is more independent than the other. When I am home I am at home and not in charge, but in Provo I am in charge and I control everything.)
Last night I realized that I cannot wait to go back to school!!!!!!!
I will miss my house
my family
my dog
my best friend
my new friends
my old friends
the atmosphere of SLC
Salt Lake County
my bed
the movie theater technology
the dishwasher
free food
my job
netflix
free laundry
etc.
I could go on for days of things that I will miss.
Although I lose though things temporarily I gain so many other great things too!
My "vacation" has been so much fun.
I have had a blast this summer. I will always remember it. 
But I am ready to go back to school and see my friends. 
I have really really missed them.

Anyways.... There is my rant. I really hope that it made sense because I rambled for sure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment